The 2022 rankings supply an independent comparative evaluation of the functionality of 342 legislation faculties across 56 countries. In overall, 88 law departments all around the planet have enhanced their rank this yr, even though 118 have remained unchanged and 103 have declined.
Harvard College achieves a in close proximity to-excellent score, banking leading marks in all but a person of QS’s position conditions – citations for each paper, in which it scores 96.3. Newcastle University in the British isles will come 1st in the globe by this metric with an indicator rating of 100.
- In Africa, the foremost law school is at the College of Cape City
- King Abdulaziz College is the Arab Region’s top college
- Australasia’s finest regulation faculty is at the College of Melbourne in Australia (12th)
- Singapore Nationwide College is Asia’s best law department at 11th.
- Latin America’s major regulation college is Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México in 29th.
“What we see in the Regulation rankings is a comprehensive top rated-5 hegemony – Harvard, Oxford, Yale, Stanford and Cambridge – all of which deliver excellent research in the authorized industry,” said QS analysis director Ben Sowter. “In actuality, the world’s top rated publisher of law investigate by volume is the College of Oxford, closely followed by Cambridge – spotlighting the Uk as a bastion of lawful examine. Possibly less intuitive is the University of Melbourne in fourth.”
Sowter included: “However, the story goes past study prowess by yourself, the higher echelon of the authorized subject is further more enshrined by an unwavering international reputation throughout the board, from academics and employers alike, in a topic spot that areas a higher premium on renown.”