Austin icon Willie Nelson will release “Which is Lifetime,” his second tribute to the music of Frank Sinatra in a few years, on Feb. 26 by way of Sony Legacy, the label declared Friday.
Nelson’s to start with Sinatra tribute, 2018’s “My Way,” won a Grammy for most effective regular pop vocal album. A likewise styled tribute to George & Ira Gershwin, 2016’s “Summertime: Willie Nelson Sings Gershwin,” also won a Grammy in that category.
The cover art options Nelson and his legendary acoustic guitar, Induce, standing beneath a road lamp in a portray by film poster artist Paul Mann. It truly is meant to invoke the glance of Sinatra’s 1955 album “In the Wee Compact Hours,” the title track of which is highlighted on “Which is Everyday living.”
Buddy Cannon and Matt Rollings, who have made practically all of Nelson’s new recordings for the past ten years, teamed up to record “Which is Lifestyle” in Los Angeles at Capitol Studios, wherever a lot of Sinatra’s new music was manufactured. Added recording was accomplished at Nelson’s Pedernales Studio exterior of Austin.
Most of the album features renowned studio musicians these as guitarist Dean Parks, bassist David Piltch and drummer Jay Bellerose, alongside with a 12-piece string portion. Nelson’s longtime harmonica player, Mickey Raphael, also took component.
Highlights involve a duet with Diana Krall on “I Won’t Dance” and the criteria “You Make Me Feel So Youthful” and “I’ve Received You Less than My Skin.” Just one observe was unveiled Friday: “A Cottage For Sale,” which Sinatra recorded for his 1959 album “No One particular Cares.” Hear it in this article:
Here is the total monitor record, with notations for the songwriters as well as the Sinatra album on which every single song appeared:
1. “Nice Operate If You Can Get It” (Ira Gershwin & George Gershwin Sinatra-Basie: “An Historic Musical Initially,” 1962)
2. “Just in Time” (Adolph Eco-friendly, Jule Styne & Betty Comden “Occur Dance With Me!”, 1959)
3. “A Cottage for Sale” (Larry Conley & Willard Robison “No One particular Cares,” 1959)
4. “I have Received You Less than My Pores and skin” (Cole Porter “Tunes For Swingin’ Fans!,” 1956)
5. “You Make Me Really feel So Young” (Josef Myrow & Mack Gordon “Music For Swingin’ Fans!,” 1956)
6. “I Won’t Dance,” featuring Diana Krall (Jerome Kerr, Oscar Hammerstein II, Otto Harbach, Jimmy McHugh & Dorothy Fields “A Swingin’ Affair!,” 1957)
7. “Which is Daily life” (Dean Kay & Kelly Gordon, “That’s Daily life,” 1966)
8. “Luck Be a Lady” (Frank Loesser “My Sort Of Broadway,” 1965)
9. “In the Wee Tiny Hours of the Morning” (David Mann & Bob Hilliard “In the Wee Little Hours, 1955”)
10. “Learnin’ the Blues” (Dolores Vicki Silvers “Session with Sinatra” EP, solitary, 1955)
11. “Lonesome Road” (Nathaniel Shilkret & Gene Austin “A Swingin’ Affair!,” 1957)