What if colleges in Wales prolonged the training day for pupils?
In our 142nd podcast, podcast host Libby Isaac discusses the Welsh timetable demo with Nathan Glynn.
Hear to this podcast (20 minutes)
In this podcast, listen to Nathan and Teacher Toolkit podcaster, Libby examine:
- The prolonged school working day pilot in Wales will see around 1,800 learners in 13 faculties and a single college or university
- Learners will gain from 5 additional hours more than a 10-7 days time period.
- What has been the response to this demo with academics in Wales?
- What are the positives and negatives of extending the university day?
- How will it effects teacher wellbeing and students?
The notion is to place more “lovely experiences” again into the life of pupils, notably a concentration on the disadvantaged.