GREENSBORO — The Guilford County Division of General public Wellness has been named the 2021 North Carolina Community Wellness Affiliation Dr. Sarah Taylor Morrow Health Department of the Yr. This award is given to wellness departments who have demonstrated outstanding and exemplary health and fitness initiatives and programs.
The wellbeing office was awarded the NCPHA Health Section of the Year for its exclusive skill to present COVID-19 products and services even though simultaneously addressing precedence well being concerns in Guilford County. Dr. Iulia Vann is director of the Guilford County wellness office.
“Receiving this award is a complete-circle and historic second for the GCDPH — as the award is named in honor of Guilford County’s really very first woman Public Wellbeing Director, Dr. Sarah T. Morrow,” Vann stated in a news launch.
“When Dr. Morrow, who nevertheless follows us very carefully from her dwelling in Wilmington, NC, uncovered out that we gained this award she claimed, ‘Well of class they did!’ This is this kind of a distinctive moment for us and it is truly an honor to continue on the abundant legacy of monumental achievements in public wellness in Guilford County,” Vann reported.
People are also reading…
Some of the department’s operate identified in the choice incorporates:
- Guilford County Formerly Incarcerated Changeover System
- Treatment administration for high hazard pregnancy
- Addressing the requirements of group customers with housing insecurity
- Collaborative opioid recognition and outreach efforts
- COVID-19 screening, deal tracing, surveillance, vaccinations, mitigation and a nationally acknowledged communication campaign.
Award winners obtain a prize of $1,000.